Beauty and the Beast
Online ticket sales end 3 hours prior to the show. Until sold out, General Admission tickets are available at the Box Office, which opens 1 hour prior to the show.
THE COMPANY AND DEL ORO THEATRE ARTS PRESENT THE FAMILY MUSICAL BEAUTY AND THE BEAST
Music by Alan Menken | Lyrics by Howard Ashman & Tim Rice | Book by Linda Wollverton
Directed by Shere (Mama Jones) Freedman | Produced by Jeffrey Johnson
Orchestra Conductor Margie Hartung | Performed by the Placer County Youth Orchestra (PCYO)
- Opening night is Friday, April 7, 2017.
- Six performances from April 7 through April 23, 2017.
- Evening performances are 7:00 PM Fridays and Saturdays, April 7 - 8 and April 21 - 22, 2017.
- Matinee performances are 2:00 PM Sundays, April 9 and April 23, 2017.
- SPRING BREAK Special! 25% off General, Student and Senior tickets on Saturday, April 8, 2017!
- Tea with Belle and Friends is 12:30 PM on Sunday, April 9, 2017 and Sunday, April 23, 2017. Open to children age 10 and under, as well as accompanying parents or grandparents. We will be serving lemonade, tea sandwiches and a very special dessert while Belle reads a beloved story. Each child will decorate their own hat. Dress up is encouraged. $30 Child - includes lunch, show tickets, and a special gift. | $20 accompanying Parent - includes lunch and show tickets. | $15 accompanying Grandparent - includes lunch and show tickets. Both events are now SOLD OUT.
- BACK TO SCHOOL Special! 25% off General, Student and Senior tickets on Friday, April 21, 2017!
- Grandparents Day is Sunday, April 23, 2017, with special pricing for grandparents ($8) and children ($5) age 10 and under (accompanied by a grandparent). Select Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:00 PM from the Date drop-down menu to display ticket options.
Can Not a Beast Be Tamed? Come and be our guest as The Company and Del Oro High School Theatre Arts take you back to the 18th century into the classic French fairy tale, Beauty and the Beast. Be swept away into this enchanted musical where a prince is trapped in the body of a hideous beast, and a beautiful girl feels trapped in a provincial town. If the beast can learn to love and be loved, the spell will be broken, and he will be transformed to his former princely self. If not, he and his household will be doomed for all time.
This classical musical love story is a magical tale that comes to life with beloved characters such as Mrs. Potts, Lumiere, Cogsworth and of course Belle and the Beast. Be whisked away with astonishing sets, costumes, and a stunning score, including Be Our Guest, Gaston, Human Again, and the Tony-winning title song, Beauty and the Beast.
Please be aware that loud effects and theatrical fog, or haze, are used in this performance.
About The Company: The Company is a theatrical troupe comprised of students in the Del Oro High School Theatre Arts program and includes parents, faculty and theatre professionals. Its members are devoted to producing high quality theatre and bringing real life experience to high school students. The Company has taken on several challenging productions including its critically acclaimed 2014 production of Les Miserables, 2015 production of West Side Story, 2016 production of The Wizard of Oz, and many others. The Company has produced many Elly nominated and awarded talented performers, designers, and technicians.
About PCYO: The Placer County Youth Orchestra (PCYO) is a community youth orchestra serving the Rocklin, Roseville, Granite Bay, Lincoln, Newcastle, and Auburn areas. PCYO focuses on providing a comprehensive musical education for students while fostering a sense of musicianship and duty to their community. Its goal is to work closely with schools, private teachers, and organizations throughout Placer County to make orchestral music available to everyone. Contact information is (916) 624-7610.
Del Oro Performing Arts Center (View)
3301 Taylor Road
Loomis, CA 95650
|Kid Friendly: Yes!|
|Dog Friendly: No|
|Wheelchair Accessible: Yes!|